Ironwood Dance Company Inc.
E5053 Slade Road Ironwood, Mi 49938 (906) 932-1661 Cell: (906)364-3221
POST THIS ON YOUR REFRIGERATOR OR BULLETIN BOARD!
Dear Parent and Dancer,
We would like to thank each of you for your support and for choosing our school for your child’s dance education. The instructors and I truly consider it a very special privilege. Thanks for being a part of our dance family.
This letter is to help you prepare your child for this year’s recital performance and to get every thing ready for the big night. Please read everything carefully and post it where it will be seen and not forgotten.
“2013” STUDENT PRODUCTION INFORMATION SHEET
Below you will find most of the answers to the questions you may have about the Ironwood Dance Company Spring Recital Performances to be held on Thursday, June 6th; Friday, June 7th and Saturday, June 8th, 2013.
1. Rehearsals are necessary so the performer can get the feel of the stage, learn where entrances and exits are and find where the rest room and dressing rooms are located.
2. All rehearsals and performances are held at the Historic Ironwood Theatre.
3. There is bound to be some confusion at rehearsals. However, with everyone’s cooperation, the system we have devised will keep confusion to a minimum. Rehearsals are very important to the success of the show.
4. We try to stick to the time schedule. Sometimes, due to technical problems that arise, we may run over the allotted time. Please be patient. IT IS EASIER TO KEEP ON SCHEDULE IF EVERYONE IS ON TIME. Dancers not attending rehearsals will not be allowed to appear in the recital.
5. For the TECH rehearsals dancers should wear regular class dancewear. Performers are to enter theatre through the back stage doors on Lowell St. and proceed to the auditorium, sit with their class and wait until their group is called.
6. For DRESS rehearsals: Come in your recital outfit and go directly down stairs. Each group will be assigned to an area in the dressing room.
7. PERFORMANCE nights: All dancers MUST be at the Theatre at 5:30 pm. The Lowell Street door will be open early. The main doors open at 5:30 pm.
8. NO FOOD OR DRINKS that will STAIN COSTUMES . WATER BOTTLES ARE OK. NO CHEWING GUM AT THE THEATRE DURING REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES.
9. Performers should wear leotards/costumes, tights, and carry dance shoes to and from all rehearsals and performances. Please have your child wear a cover up (large shirt that buttons down the front so as not to mess their hair). There are two reasons for this: 1.) So that costumes stay clean and aren’t seen before they go on stage. 2.) The cover up is also to keep them warm while they wait down stairs.
10. Write the dancers first and last name on every piece of costume and clothing, in both shoes and on every thing the performer takes to the theatre. If anything is left behind we will know who it belongs to.
11. Each dancer will need a shopping bag with his/her name clearly written on the outside of the bag. Put all shoes and extra costume in the shopping bag. On the outside of the bag list items to be found on the inside of the bag. This may prevent misplaced articles.
12. Fix your dancer’s hair before coming to the theatre. Plain barrettes. NO headbands. Ballet dancers hair should be pulled away from the face and long hair put into a bun on the back of the head. Hair will stay neat and in place if it is lightly sprayed with hair spray. The bun should be covered with a fine hair net and securely pinned in place. Hairnets are the secret of hair staying in a bun, and staying neat. Short hair should be pulled away from the face and heavily sprayed to keep it in place. This applies to all performers unless their teacher gives them a special hairstyle for their dance piece. Stage lights tend to cast shadows. Long bangs will obscure the face and put the eyes in shadow, if your child has bangs they should be cut so we can see their eyebrows. Therefore, we ask that the hair be pulled off the face so that you can see your daughter’s beautiful eyes.
13. Please, apply make-up at home if you can. However, we will have some make-up available. Light red lipstick on everyone; brown eyebrow pencil if eyebrows are light; LIGHT beige, green or aqua eye shadow and dark brown mascara. No eyeliner on the little girls. Use a small amount of rouge high on the cheekbones. The strong stage lights wash out the faces that do not have make-up.
14. NO LARGE JEWELRY OR WATCHES OF ANY KIND. Please do not bring them to the theatre. Small post earrings are OK.
15. NO PANTIES UNDER COSTUMES. This is mainly for our ballet dancers. They hang down and show under the tights.
16. Many parents give flowers to their dancers after the show. It’s not required but we pass this along because a few students in the past felt left out when others received flowers and they did not.
17. Parents/volunteers are welcome to watch the first stage rehearsal. Please, NO parents or friends at the dress rehearsal unless you are helping out in some way. We want the finished product to be a surprise. Help us make it magical.
18. If you are not sure about anything I’ve listed here to get you and your child ready for the rehearsals and performance, please call me (906)932-1661. Rehearsals are important. Please don’t miss them. Best time to catch Margaret is mornings from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
19. Parents, please, do not go into the dressing room (unless you are a helper) during the performance. We have a group of adults and high school students to work backstage and in the dressing room to care for all the dancers during the performance. Everyone will be taken care of. Parents that go back and forth into the theatre disturb the performance and annoy the people sitting around them.
20. Parents coming in and going out of the dressing room only causes the dancers to become anxious and nervous. Your child needs you out front to applaud. Thank you for your cooperation in making this a smooth running show.
21. I know you want pictures of your child performing. Paul Kostelnik from Video Kostelnik Productions (VKPro) will be video taping the entire program. Gerard Lauzon of North Light Photography will be taking pictures of all our dance groups/classes. We cannot let individuals take pictures of any kind while the show in running on dress rehearsal or recital nights. The flash going off in a performer’s eyes is very dangerous, and because of the many complaints from the dancers about the flash hurting their eyes and of the danger of someone falling off the stage due to momentary blindness, it will not be permitted.
22. Please, just enjoy the show and applaud your dancer. The professional camera men and photographer will capture it all. DVD's can be ordered before or after the recital. Order forms for the DVD's will be in our programs and in lobby area. You may take photos of your child on stage ONLY AFTER the performance.
23. Class Group Photos are scheduled for Saturday, May 11, 2013 at the dance studio. NO OTHER PICTURES WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN IN THE BIG ROOM ON THIS DAY. All students are required to be present for their class picture. There is no obligation to purchase group photos. Be in full costume, make-up and hair done. DO NOT BE LATE! We will not wait for tardy dancers, come early. Line Up (10 minutes each group/class beginning at 8:50 AM)
8:30 Adult Tap II (Tues-Becky) 12:50 Tap II (Tues-Becky)
8:40 Funk I (Wed-Joan) 1:00 Individuals
8:50 Individuals 1:10 Lyrical I (Tues-Tiffany)
9:00 Funk II (Wed-Joan) 1:20 Individuals
9:10 Individuals 1:30 Jazz II (Tues-Tiffany)
9:20 Comp Funk Sr. (Wed-Joan) 1:40 Individuals
9:30 Individuals 1:50 Lyrical II (Wed-Anna)
9:40 Comp Funk Jr. (Wed-Joan) 2:00 Individuals
9:50 Individuals 2:10 Jazz I (Wed-Cheyenne)
10:00 PB/Tiny Tap (Tues-Nancy) 2:20 Individuals
10:10 Individuals 2:30 Lyrical III (Wed-Cheyenne)
10:20 CM/Pre-Ballet ((Tues-Nancy) 2:40 Individuals
10:30 Individuals 2:50 Jazz IV (Mon-Tiffany)
10:40 CM/Pre-Ballet (Wed-Nancy) 3:00 Individuals
10:50 Individuals 3:10 Ballet IV (Mon-Tiffany)
11:00 PB/Tiny Tap (Wed-Nancy) 3:20 Individuals
11:20 Individuals 3:30 Ballet III (Thurs-Cheyenne)
11:30 Ballet I/B (Thurs-Mg) 3:40 Individuals
11:40 Individuals 3:50 Pointe (Mon-Tiffany)
11:50 Ballet I/A (Mon-Mg) 4:00 Individuals
12:00 Individuals 4:10 Jazz III (Tues-Anna)
12:10 Tap I (Mon-Mg) 4:20 Individuals
12:20 Individuals 4:30 Lyrical IV (Thurs-Cheyenne)
12:30 Ballet II (Thurs-Mg) 4:40 Individuals
Note: Father/Daughter/Daughter picture TBA.
The City Wide Clean-Up Day might be on the same day. If so please DO NOT PARK in the Central Ski Lodge parking lot. Park across the street in the empty car lot. Thank You!
24. Volunteer Helpers Needed!! Class moms, we would greatly appreciate it if you could help out in some way. We have two dress rehearsal nights and three program nights that we need help with. A sign-up sheet is at the studio. You will be able to watch your child’s dance performance from the back of the auditorium.
25. Tickets go on sale
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Theatre concourse. All other ticket
sales will be in the Theatre
Office. All tickets are reserved
seating. Ticket prices are $10.00 Adults (16 and Up) and $6.00 Students (15 and under). Kids 3 and under
"FREE" if they sit in a parent's lap. Just like the airlines. Sorry!!
The Ironwood Theatre office downtown will be
taking care of all tickets sales. Theatre office hours are Wednesday through
Friday from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm (closed Mondays and Tuesdays). Pay
by cash or checks, they do not take credit cards. No on-line purchases. Go to www.ironwoodtheatre.net for Coming Attractions, Seating Charts & etc.
We will give a
comp (FREE) ticket to dancers that wanted to come and watch a show on the night
they are not dancing. We will have a block of 15 seats in the balcony reserved
each night for those
dancers. Dancers MUST let Margaret know ASAP so she can get your name to the theatre and reserve your seat. Those seats will be reserved only until Friday, May 24th. After Friday, May 24th
those seats will go on sale. Dancers wanting to sit on the main floor will have to buy a regular price ticket.
Dancing Dads, Grandpas and Uncles. Yes, you will have to buy a ticket if you want to sit in a seat, otherwise, you may come to the theatre through the front doors just before we line you up to go on stage. We will give you an approx. time to be in the lobby or you can stand in the back of the auditorium.
Those of you who have a credit balance on your account at IDC and want to use it on recital tickets must let Margaret know so she can pass your name and amount of credit to the theatre office.
26. Recital Class Schedule. List of classes dancing on what specific night. Not all classes will be dancing all three nights. This is not the official program line-up! Subject to change!
Thursday’s Program Friday’s Program Saturday’s Program
CM/Pre-Ballet (WED-Nancy) CM/Pre-Ballet (WED-Nancy) CM/Pre-Ballet (TUES-Nancy)
PB/Tiny Tap (TUES-Nancy) PB/Tiny Tap (WED-Nancy) PB/Tiny Tap (TUES-Nancy)
Lyrical I (TUES-Tiffany) CM/Pre-Ballet (TUES-Nancy) PB/Tiny Tap (WED-Nancy)
Ballet I (MON-Margaret) Lyrical I (TUES-Tiffany) Ballet I (MON-Margaret)
Tap I (MON-Margaret) Ballet I (THURS-Margaret) Ballet I (THURS-Margaret)
Jazz I (WED-Cheyenne) Jazz I (WED-Cheyenne) Tap I (MON-Margaret)
Tap II (TUES-Becky) Funk I (WED-Joan) Funk I (WED-Joan)
Funk II (WED-Joan) Ballet II (THURS-Margaret) Ballet II (THURS-Margaret)
Jazz II (TUES-Tiffany) Tap II (TUES-Becky) Funk II (WED-Joan)
Lyrical III (WED-Cheyenne) Lyrical II (WED-Anna) Lyrical II (WED-Anna)
Ballet III (THURS-Cheyenne) Ballet III (THURS-Cheyenne) Jazz II (TUES-Tiffany)
Jazz III (TUES-Anna) Jazz III (TUES-Anna) Jazz III (TUES-Anna)
Ballet IV (MON-Tiffany) Ballet IV (MON-Tiffany) Lyrical III (WED-Cheyenne)
Pointe (MON-Tiffany) Pointe (MON-Tiffany) Ballet IV (MON-Tiffany)
Lyrical IV (THURS-Cheyenne) Lyrical IV (THURS-Cheyenne) Pointe (MON-Tiffany)
Jazz IV (MON-Tiffany) Jazz IV (MON-Tiffany) Lyrical IV (THURS-Cheyenne)
Comp Funk Jr. (WED-Joan) Comp Funk Jr. (WED-Joan) Jazz IV (MON-Tiffany)
Comp Funk Sr. (WED-Joan) Comp Funk Sr. (WED-Joan) Comp Funk Jr. (WED-Joan)
Adult Tap (TUES-Becky) Adult Tap (TUES-Becky) Comp Funk Sr. (WED-Joan)
Father/Daughter Father/Daughter Adult Tap (TUES-Becky)
27. TECH REHEARSAL,
Monday, June 3rd. Please enter and exit Ironwood Theatre through
the side doors on (Lowell St.) and proceed to the auditorium. Once the dancers
have practiced their
dance pieces on stage they may leave. DO NOT BE LATE!! We will not wait for tardy dancers. Line Up (20 min. each group):
3:20 Open 6:40 Father/Daughter
3:40 Ballet I (Mon-Margaret) 7:00 Funk II (Wed-Joan)
4:00 Lyrical I (Tues-Tiffany) 7:20 Comp Funk Jr. (Wed-Joan)
4:20 Jazz II (Tues-Tiffany) 7:40 Comp Funk Sr. (Wed-Joan)
4:40 Lyrical II (Wed-Anna) 8:00 Ballet IV (Mon-Tiffany)
5:00 Jazz III (Tues-Anna) 8:20 Pointe (Mon-Tiffany)
5:20 Ballet III (Thurs-Cheyenne) 8:40 Jazz IV (Mon-Tiffany)
5:40 Lyrical III (Wed-Cheyenne) 9:00 Lyrical IV (Thurs-Cheyenne)
6:00 Tap II (Tues-Becky) 9:20 Adult Tap (Tues-Becky)
6:20 Father/Daughter 9:40 Open
28. TECH REHEARSAL/DRESS
REHEARSAL, Tuesday, June
Younger dancers will do their
tech rehearsal before their dress rehearsal. Dress rehearsal dancers go directly to
room downstairs and to your designated area for your class. Be at the theatre no later then 5:30 PM. Dress rehearsal is scheduled to start 6:30 pm running through Thursday’s Program
(approx. 2 1/4 hours).
3:20 Open 4:40 Closed-Nancy
3:40 Open 5:00 Tap I (Mon-Margaret)
4:00 CM/Pre-Ballet (Wed-Nancy) 5:20 Jazz I (Wed-Cheyenne)
4:20 PB/Tiny Tap (Tues-Nancy) 5:40 Open
29. TECH REHEARSAL/DRESS
REHEARSAL, Wednesday, June
Same format as Wednesday
tech rehearsal. Be at the theatre no later then 5:30 PM. Dress rehearsal is
scheduled to start
6:30 pm running through Friday’s Program (approx. 2 1/4 hr).
3:20 Open 4:40 Closed-Nancy
3:40 Ballet I (Thurs-Margaret) 5:00 Ballet II (Thurs-Margaret)
4:00 CM/Pre-Ballet (Tues-Nancy) 5:20 Funk I (Wed-Joan)
4:20 PB/Tiny Tap (Wed-Nancy) 5:40 Open
PERFORMANCE NIGHTS. Thursday, June 6th; Friday, June
8th, 2013. Show time is 6:30
PM. Be at the theatre at 5:30 PM. Doors will open at
5:30 PM on
both nights. The shows are approximately 2 1/4 hours.
31. Parents, you are asked to pick up your child from the dressing room down stairs or from the stage after the show.
32. Party! Party! After the Saturday night show the instructors, assistants, helpers, parents and dancers are going to Manny's for a pizza buffet. The buffet will run immediately following the recital until approx. 11:00 PM. You are invited to join us. The price is $5.00 per person (adult or child). Please pay at the dining room door. If you prefer not to eat the buffet, the bar will be open to anyone wanting to view the Thursday or Friday show with Margaret, Nancy, Becky, Cheyenne, Tiffany, Joan, Anna and the dancers. Manny’s is located at 316 E Houk Street in Ironwood. If you have any questions call Manny’s at 906/932-0999.
Thanks for your cooperation. It’s going to be a great night of fun and excitement!!
Last Dancewear order will be placed on Monday, May 18, 2013.
Check your child’s tights that are needed for the show!
Recital Costume Update
All costumes have been ordered. Some costumes have arrived. At this time we will have the students try them on in class to see how they fit.
Our Spring Recital is coming up QUICK! Now is the time where we will be getting our students ready to perform in the Recital.
Please remember to talk to your students teacher about shoes, tights, hair, make-up & etc. that they will need for the recital. Remember not all classes are the same.
Shoe & Tight Colors For Recital
Black shoes & No tights
Ballet I/A: Pink shoes w/White tights
Ballet IV: Pink shoes w/Pink tights
Pointe: Pink shoes w/Pink tights
Jazz IV: Black shoes w/Tan footless & Black fishnet Capri.
Tues Pre-Ballet/Tiny Tap: Pink & Black shoes w/White tights
Tues CM/Pre Ballet: Pink shoes w/Tan flat tights
Tap II: Black shoes w/Tan shimmery tights
Jazz III: Black shoes w/Tan shimmery tights
Lyrical I: Nude shoes w/Tan footless tights
Jazz II: Black shoes w/Tan tights
Adult Tap: Black shoes w/Tan shimmery tights
Wed CM/Pre-Ballet Pink shoes w/ White tights
Wed Pre-Ballet/Tiny Tap: Pink & Black shoes w/Tan shimmery tights
Jazz I: Tan booties w/Tan flat tights
Funk I: Black shoes w/Tan tights
Funk II: Black shoes & NO tights
Lyrical II: Nude shoes w/Tan footless tights.
Lyrical III: Nude shoes w/Tan footless tights
Comp Funk Jr.: Black shoes w/Tan flat tights
Comp Funk Sr.: Black shoes w/Tan flat tights
Ballet I/B: Pink shoes w/Pink tights
Ballet II: Pink shoes w/White tights
Ballet III/Pre-Pointe: Pink shoes w/ Pink tights
Lyrical IV: Nude shoes w/Tan footless tights
Color: “Charcoal Gray” with Hot Pink printing
Child Sizes: Small (6-8) Medium (10-12) Large (14-16)
Adult Sizes: Small - Medium - Large - Extra Large
Regular T-Shirt $ 15.00 each ($15.90 w/tax)
Quantity _________ @ $15.90 = Total Amount Due $_______________
Method of Payment: Cash __________ Check __________ Other __________
Payment must accompany order. Order Deadline is Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
No re-orders for the shirts, so please make sure you get your orders in on time!!!
2013 Name List for the Spring Recital T-shirts
This is the current list of performers for the 2013 Spring Recital shows. This list is going to be going on the back of the recital t-shirts. Please check to make sure that you or your child’s name is on this list and that is it spelled correctly. If we need to add a name or change the spelling there is a list posted at the studio or call the office 906-364-3221 or email: Margaret@ironwooddance.com
No re-orders for the shirts, so please make sure you get your orders in on time!!!
Recital Performance DVD Order Form
IRONWOOD DANCE COMPANY
PAYMENT REQUIRED WITH ALL ORDERS
ORDERS RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE JUNE 8TH
THURDAY, JUNE 6TH______DVD @ $25.00 each $__________
FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH______DVD @ $25.00 each $__________
SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH ______DVD @ $25.00 each $__________
SET OF 3 (THUR, FRI, SAT) ______ @ $66.00 each $__________
($6.00 shipping fee to mail orders ______)
TOTAL AMOUNT PAID $____________
(CHECKS MADE PAYABLE TO IRONWOOD DANCE COMPANY)
ORDERS RECEIVED AFTER JUNE 8TH
THURDAY, JUNE 6TH______DVD @ $28.00 each $__________
FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH______DVD @ $28.00 each $__________
SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH ______DVD @ $28.00 each $__________
SET OF 3 (THUR, FRI, SAT) ______ @ $78.00 each $__________
($6.00 shipping fee to mail orders ______)
TOTAL AMOUNT PAID $____________
PLACE ORDERS THROUGH IRONWOOD DANCE COMPANY
MARGARET GRACHEK @ 906-932-1661 OR 906-364-3221
OR IN THE LOBBY DURING THE RECITAL
ANY REPRODUCTION OF IDC VIDEOS NEED PRIOR CONSENT FROM